Compact, Vertical Suction Pump
Type VSM (Close Coupled)
Type VSMS (Split Coupled)
Small footprint for tight spaces
- Vertically mounted top suction/top discharge pump fits where many pumps wont.
- Same-size suction and discharge connections simplify piping.
- VSM/VSMS pumps dont require grouting.
Low life cost
- Contoured suction baffle provides laminar flow to impeller.
- Suction and discharge bends, eliminating the need for suction diffusers, angle type valves and/or elbows, which improves overall system efficiency.
- Short shaft with minimum overhang reduces shaft deflection and improves bearing and mechanical seal life.
- Top pull out design allows rotating assembly to be removed without disturbing the volute or piping for ease of maintenance and service.
- Double volute design helps to reduce radial thrust and prolong seal life.
- Ductile iron construction provides the highest nozzle load in the industry.
- Sizes 4 to 10
- Flows up to 4100 GPM
- Heads up to 400 feet
- Horsepower up to 125 hp
- Fluid temp up to 275°F
- Cooling and refrigeration
- Condensed water
- Hot water
- Process water
- Heating systems
- Pressure boosting
- Water utility
Features & Benefits
- Volute flanges allow for vertical piping no need for horizontal suction pipe runs, elbows, suction guides, or discharge elbows
- Double volute extends seal and bearing life, minimizes noise and vibration, & improves operating efficiency
- Type VSMS spacer coupling allows easy disassembling and replacement of mechanical seal without removing motor
- Ductile iron pump stand no grouting requirements and minimal footprint
- Heavy duty cast & machined motor bracket rigid and reliable mounting surface with easy alignment
- Case wear rings reduce maintenance costs and maintain high efficiencies
- Francis vane impeller design increases efficiency and reduces NPSH required
- Trimmed and balanced Impellers customization, reduced noise and vibration, & prolonged seal and bearing life
- Shaft sleeves extend life of shaft and usable life of pump
Learn more about this product on the Grundfos / PACO website here: